Friday, October 2, 2009

RIP - SUPA ROCKING MISTER MAGIC


Very sad day for hip hop with this loss. I grew up listening to Mr Magic and some of my fondest memories of HIP HOP came from his radio show. His contributions to this culture are greater than we can ever imagine. There would be no BDP if not for Mr. Magic. No Juice Crew, No Rap Attack radio show on WBLS (which paved the way for stations like Hot 97 and Power 105 to even exist). He was a very intricate part of this culture and is irreplaceable. I am thankful to have had the opportunity to meet him on several occasions when I was working with King Sun , who was briefly signed to Cold Chillin Records. Got to hang out with him and hear crazy stories and witness some crazy but memorable moments that I will never forget ( King Sun's album release party LOL, ) We are losing a lot of good people and as I get older (and hopefully wiser) I am starting to appreciate them more each day. Do not take the people that paved the way for this culture to exist for granted. Before you even think about calling ANY of these new artists of today LEGENDS, ask yourself what is their contribution to our culture and what kind of impact will it have on OUR culture 20 years from now. There are not too many industry people that I have respect for , but I have the UTMOST respect for those that paved the way for HIP HOP to be where it is today, GOOD OR BAD. They are the reason why I started this blog and have been doing these events. This is 238BEATS way of saying thank you and we appreciate what you have given us. RIP Mr Magic and THANK YOU FOR MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN ALL OUR LIVES WHETHER WE REALIZE IT OR NOT.

No comments: