Friday, November 14, 2008

TUPAC TRIBUTE - LIVE ON HOT 97


The day Pac passed , I was at Firehouse Studios doing a session. Firehouse was a legendary studio in NY where a lot of hit records were recorded. I was working with a group I was producing and Lil Dap from the Group Home was in the session as well. My manager at the time hit me on the 2 way to tell me that she heard from someone on the West Coast that Pac just passed. In NY it hadn't been announced yet. I remember telling Dap that Pac had died. The whole room got quiet and was hoping that the info was wrong. Ir wasn't. I got to see Pac and Biggie perform together at the Tunnel one Sunday night, right after Pac got out on bail for the rape case he caught at Nells. Big was still coming up and was on stage with Pac. I remember Pac telling the crowd " don't trust these scandalous ass hoes or these trifling bitches!" I was standing right next to Dj Whiz from Kid N Play and we both just looked at each other like " wow!" Then Biggie performed Party & Bullshit with Pac dancing in the back. Thats a night that I will never forget. I wasn't really a huge Pac fan, but I always respected his work ethic and his creativity. Ice T once told me that at a party out in LA, there was a shooting at a club they were at and everyone was running out to the parking lot. Pac grabbed Ice and was trying to get him to go BACK into the club to see what was going on. Ice T said from that point he made a mental note in is head and labeled Pac a "fool". lol He didn't mean it in a bad way just thought that he liked to look for trouble sometimes. Anyway, here is the live Hot 97 tribute to Pac. Monie Love was on Hot at the time and reads a poem Pac wrote and breaks down at the end. Check it out. RIP TUPAC

PAC TRIBUTE PART 1
http://www.filefactory.com/file/11e96e/n/pac_tribute_1_aifc

PAC TRIBUTE PART 2
http://www.filefactory.com/file/557337/n/pac_tribute_2_aifc

No comments: