Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sally



Another classic video! This one was shot down in Village on Great Jones St. It was raining like crazy that day. Diamond had an RV trailer that we were hanging out in during breaks in filming. Me , my man Sha who was a hype man and producer, his brother KX who was Diamonds DJ and Whiz who is featured on Stunts , Blunts and Hip Hop were in the trailer with Sadat X and Lord Jamar. This is around the time Diamond produced Punks Jump Up to Get Beat Down for the Nubians. We were all in the trailer smoking and listening to the Nubians album. This is the first time I heard Pass the Gat off that album and it really stood out and stuck in my head. That shit was hard! Fat Joe showed up and walked in the trailer. He pulled up in a 7 series BMW with this bad ass spanish chick. This will tell you Joe's mind state back in those days. He actually made the girl wait outside the RV next to a pay phone while he went inside the RV. Joe sat down and since he didn't smoke just nodded his head to the music. About 10 minutes later I start feeling that heat you feel on your face when someone is staring at you for a long time...lol. I look over and Joe is just ice grilling me like a motherfucker. Mind you dude was about to shoot my ass at the Fuck What ya Heard video shoot.LOL  I'm thinking ' Shit you got on the boat like you wanted, whats the problem!!?" 5 more minutes have passed and he still staring at me with his upper lip all to one side. I tap my man Sha and say ' I don't think this dude likes me too much man!' Sha tells me that Joe is diabetic and his lip does that unvoluntarily.In my head I;m thinking ' Yeah aiight! This dude aint feeling me!' LOL  Eventually he gets in a conversation with Diamond and like 30 minutes later we here a little knock on the door. The poor girl had been standing out in the pouring rain for like an hour and was knocking to see if he could pass her the keys to the car so she could wait in it. LMAO He barks on her for knocking and throws her an umbrella and says : Just wait there B!"

We leave to go back to filming in this downstairs club they rented for the shoot. Chris Lighty is there and I think Red Alert was there too. Fat Joe just got his deal with Relativity and Chris Lighty was managing him. I remember Joe telling Chris " Yo B! I'm ready to go platinum yo! I'm telling you Chris!' Chris told him that shit was not that easy and if he went gold he would be happy. Joe wasnt trying to hear that! Represent turned out to be a classic even though it did not go platinum. That same day Naughty by Nature was filming a scene for Hip Hop Hooray right around the corner. During a break we went over and checked it out. We got to get in a shot of the large crowd scene towards the end of the video. Man I miss the 90's man! Thank God for the memories Shout out to my man Sha Eaze and his brother DJ KX who you see riding in the old school red GTI in the video

No comments: