Tuesday, October 21, 2008

F*uck What Ya heard!




This classic video was shot on the Hudson River on a boat called the Frying Pan. We had to take a little boat from the 79th street boat basin to the Frying Pan.  The boat only held 4 people and made one trip every 30 minutes. On the first trip it was the old man driving the boat, Fat Joe , me and my man Chris. Fat Joe was mad nervous to get on the boat and kept saying " I aint gonna drown B! I ain't drowning!" Fat Joe never drank, at least back then but he threw back a 40oz of Old English to calm his nerves. lol  We made it to the Frying Pan in one piece. The whole DITC was there along with Sadat X and Lord Jamar.  The boat had this old mini helicopter that didnt work but was used as a prop for the video. During a break in filming, we were all outside on the deck next too the helicopter. I remember Fat Joe fucking with cats from the crew like BuckWild and Big L (rip). Joe was like " Yo Buck, are you really BUCKWILD?? You live like that B?". Then he turned to Big L " Yo L, you really the devils son B?. Back then Joe was nothing like he is now. He was not to be fucked with and was straight off the block. L and Buck just laughed it off knowing how Joe was.  I remember Lord Finesse just laying in the cut reading the newspaper not even paying mind to what was going on. Joe was just being Joe.

Later on that day when I was about to leave, I went downstairs to say peace to everyone. Joe asked me " Yo the boats here?" I told him yeah but only 3 people could go on this trip and me, my man Chris and this chick from Def Jam were going to bounce.  Joe was like ' Yo B WE OUT SON!" Joe tapped his man Pete and was like " We getting on the boat!" We all walked to the plank and the driver said " only 3 people can go out" I told Joe we were waiting for like 30 minutes already and we had to go. Joe said " Yo we out! I gotta bounce" His man Pete pulls out an unloaded Glock with red tape on the handle that they were using for the video and said " Yo Joe pass me that clip man! ' Joe said " Chill Pete" with a sneaky smirk on his face while passing him the clip. lol Seeing where this was going and realizing it was not worth it I said " Yo its not that serious..We will wait on the next boat" Of course the chick from Def Jam started mouthing off like " Thats fucked up!! We was here waiting!!! While ya'll acting like that!!' My man Chris just tapped her and said " They got a gun in their hand. let them go!' The old white boat driver looked like he just shit in his pants! LOL  So Joe and his man Pete got on the boat and sailed away waving to us laughing.  At the time we were feeling like suckers or whatever but I think we played are cards right. Besides the old man came back like in 15 minutes and took us back! Crazy day but one I will never forget. 


No comments: